Dual Enrollment Student Eligibility Criteria Framework (2021-23)
STUDENT TUTION AND OTHER EXPENSES
- Application Fee- students are not required to pay an application fee. Seniors are required to pay a $20 application fee for admission to the University for their freshman year.
- Tuition- $150.00 three credit hour course will be charged for 2021--23.
- Text books and Course Materials: students are required to use the same textbooks, course materials, and supplies as regular college students.
DUAL ENROLLMENT CRITERIA TO ENROLL IN COLLEGE LEVEL DEGREE CREDIT COURSE
- A Minimum 2.5 cumulative high school GPA, as determined by the high school.
Subject-specific demonstration of readiness in Mathematics (for mathematics and science courses) or English (for English, foreign language, history, social science, humanities or arts survey courses through either:
- Subject-specific minimum scores on any assessment listed in Academic Affairs Policy 2.22) listed below: GSU will continue to accept the same subject-specific assessment eligibility scores as previous academic years.
- Counselor recommendation based on overall student performance and grade trends in the subject.
GSU requires an email from the high school Dual Enrollment Contact; attachments should include both 1) the Counselor recommendation and 2) a copy of the high school transcript with relevant courses/grades highlighted to demonstrate overall student performance and grade trends in the subject.
To continue enrollment in subsequent semesters, student must have earned a college grade of A.B. C or P in all attempted college or developmental coursework.
|65 (Elem Alg.)
40 (Col-Level Math)*
|ACCUPLACER NG||250 Writing||250 QRAS|
|EOC||740 English II||760 Algebra I
|LEAP 2025||Mastery or above English II||
Geometry: Mastery or above (for enrollment in non-algebraic Gen. Ed Math)
Geometry: Mastery or above and completion of Algebra II w/C or better for enrollment in College Algebra
Board of Regents Approved April 22, 2020; Updated 04/28/2021
DUAL ENROLLMENT CRITERIA TO ENROLL IN DEVELOPMENTAL LEVEL DEGREE CREDIT COURSE
- CORE 4-must be on track for completing the Louisiana Core 4 curriculum
- Academic standing-have achieved 11th or 12th grade good academic standing. (10th grades can be admitted based on high school principal recommendation)
- Student must be at least 15 years of age
- Must have PLAN or ACT (or SAT) or ACCUPLACER scores on file at GSU
- A Student that has less than the required ACT Math or English Score to enroll in college level courses may be eligible to enroll in only one Developmental Course per semester (Dev Math-MATH 099 and Dev-English-ENG 093).
- Student has the option of taking the Accuplacer –Next Generation Writing or Accuplacer-Quantitative Reasoning Algebra and Statistics exam to qualify for course enrollment.
- Must have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.50 as determined by the high school, including any GPA adjustments made due to Spring 2020 disruptions in learning;
Office of Admissions
403 Main Street – Box 4200
Grambling, LA 71245
888-863-3655 (Toll Free)
For specific questions related to Dual Enrollment please contact:
Patricia J. Hutcherson
Monday – Thursday - 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Follow Us on Social Media at: