Anyone may report an incident of power-based violence (to include Sexual Misconduct and Title IX Conduct) even if they do not intend to pursue a Formal Complaint.   
Any student who knowingly and in bad faith makes a false accusation of power-based violence or retaliation of any form will be subject to an investigation for a potential violation of this Policy and may be subject to disciplinary action.  
 A report can be made by any individual who has:  
  1. Experienced or been affected by power-based violence (i.e., First-Party Reporter); or 
  2. Knowledge of or witnessed power-based violence happening to or affecting someone else (i.e., Third-Party Reporter).   
After making a Report, an individual may choose to file or request a Formal Complaint and pursue resolution (under this policy or the Title IX Formal Grievance Procedure, as applicable) or, if applicable, an Informal Resolution involving the Respondent; may choose to be involved or not be involved in the University’s investigation and any related proceedings; or may choose to end involvement in the process.  


 Students, faculty, and other personnel may access the Incident Report Form to report potential threats. The form requires the following information:   
  1. Name of Institution, person, or group being threatened;  
  2. Name of student, individual, or group threatening violence;  
  3. Date and time the threat was made; and  
  4. Method by which the threat was made, including the social media outlet or website where the threat was posted, a screenshot or recording of the threat, if available, and any printed evidence of the threat.   
The process for anonymous reporting and for safeguarding the identity of a person who reports an incident of power-based violence, or a safety threat is included in Section VII-Confidential and Anonymous Reporting.  
For every report of an incident of power-based violence or a safety threat received the actions taken by the University and the campus law enforcement agency or security officers be documented. These policies shall also provide guidelines on referring to the reports to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.  
Employees, students, and non-students may file a report in person during regular business hours (7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Friday) with the Title IX Coordinator in Brown Hall Room 127.  
Beverly Crawford, Director 
Office for Civil Rights and Title IX 
Title IX Coordinator 
Charles P. Adams Hall Room 4
403 Main Street 
GSU Box 4233 
Grambling, LA 71245 
Phone: (318) 274-2660 or 2784 

University Police Department

If the incident or situation is criminal in nature, immediately contact  University Police Department or the local police where the incident occurred.  The University Police Department is located at 531 R.W.E. Jones Drive, (318) 274-2222 (24-hour number) or 911 for emergencies. 

The University Police Department publishes a Semi-Annual Security Report that contains updated campus crime statistics and security policies.


If the University is not open, assistance can be obtained 24 hours a day, seven days a week from:  
University Police 
on-campus – (318) 274-2222 
off-campus – 911 Emergency 
Local Hospital 
401 East Vaughn Ave. Ruston, LA 71270 
(318) 254-2100 
Assistance may also be obtained 24 hours a day by accessing the online Title IX Sexual Misconduct Incident Report Form.  
In addition, Supportive Measures for the safety and well-being of any affected person as well as the campus community may obtain assistance by contacting the locations below.  
Grambling State University Student Counseling and Wellness Resource Center (274-3277) and the Foster-Johnson Health Center (274-2351) are both located in Foster - Johnson Health Center. Information regarding these support services will be provided immediately upon receiving a report of power-based violence/sexual misconduct but are not limited to individuals filing a formal complaint.