Motto: “Planting Seeds to Help You Grow”
Crisis Intervention Services
Walk-in Crisis Coverage
During normal business hours, therapists are available to assist students in immediate crisis. Students will meet briefly with a crisis evaluation therapist to determine whether the student should be seen by an intake counselor immediately or if the student can wait for the next regularly scheduled intake appointment.
After-Hours Coverage Student
Counseling Center therapist is on-call for after-hours and weekend emergency services. Personnel within Residence Life and Campus Police are able to contact the on-call therapist in an emergency situation. Call Campus Police at (318) 274-2222
If you are a student in immediate crisis and one of the following applies to you
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming yourself
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming someone else
- You have recently been assaulted or had a traumatic experience
Please do one of the following:
- Call 911 – you will be connected with the police who can help you get emergency services.
- Call GSU Campus Police (318) 274-2222 – you will be connected with the University Police who can help you get emergency services
- Call Contact Lincoln Parish Crisis Hotline (318)-255-7273
During normal business hours (M-F 8:00-5:00), the Student Counseling Center has therapists available to talk with you immediately. Call 318-274-3277 or stop by the Student Counseling and Wellness Resource Center in the Foster Johnson Center (West Wing)