Accessibility Accommodation Services:
The purpose of the Accessibility Accommodation Services (AAS) is to improve the education experience of students with accessibility needs and to enhance the understanding and support at Grambling State University through equitable access, accommodations, and the provision of programs and services.
The Office of Disability Services collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create a campus environment that is usable, equitable, sustainable, and inclusive of all members of the Grambling State University. AAS views disability as an aspect of diversity that is essential to society and Grambling State University. If students encounter academic, physical, technological, or other barriers on campus, the AAS works collaboratively to find creative solutions and implement reasonable accommodations.
The core responsibility of the Office is to ensure that the University maintains its compliance with the federal regulations that protect the rights of individuals with accessibilities needs in the educational environment. The Office determines and coordinates reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities through their educational career at Grambling State University.
- Ensure that all students with accessibility accommodation needs can freely and actively participate in all facets of university life.
- Provide and coordinate support services to maximize students' educational potential and develop their independence to the fullest extent possible.
- Strive to increase the level of awareness among all members of the university community so that students with accessibility accommodation needs are able to perform at a level limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities.
- Identify and engage strategies that effectively offset accessibility accommodation needs and enhance academic success.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM or by appointment. Our offices are located in the Student Counseling Resource Center (SCWRC) in the Foster Johnson building (University Map | Google Maps).
For assistance with this process, call the Student Counseling and Resource Center at 318-274-3277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GSU UNIVERSITY OFFICE ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION SERVICES |
GSU BOX 4306 |
GRAMBLING, LOUISIANA 71245
P 318-274-3277 | F 318-274-3114
Documentation can ALSO be submitted directly to:
Dr. Coleen Speed, Director of Student Counseling and Wellness Resource Center/Accessibility Accommodation Services Central Street in the Foster Johnson Center (West Wing – on the side with the ramp)
- About Accessibility Accommodation Services (AAS)
- Accessibility Accommodation Services (AAS) Registration & Forms
- Accessibility Accommodation Services (AAS) Notes & Tips
- AAS Documentation Requirements
- Disability Services for Students Handbook
- AAS-Disability FAQ
- AAS Request for Academic Adjustment (Spring 2021)
Accessibility Accommodation Services
Dr. Coleen Speed, Director
Phone: 318-274-3277 (Voice);
Student Counseling and Wellness Resource Center Foster Johnson Building | Foster Johnson
GSU Box 4306 Grambling, LA 71245 | Email: email@example.com
Disability Services Testing Center
Brown Hall Ms. Cathy Douglas