Office of Student Conduct

Frequently Asked Questions

Student Conduct (OSC) investigates and resolves allegations of academic and non-academic violations of the Code of Student Conduct (CSC). Examples of academic violation include cheating, plagiarism, interference with courses of instruction, and theft of damage intellectual property. Examples of nonĀ¬academic violations include forgery, theft, physical abuse, hazing, alcohol and other drug violations. The Code also explains the conduct process, a student's rights and responsibilities, and possible outcomes.

Allegations of violations come from a variety of sources including law enforcement, faculty, staff, students, and members of the public.

You will receive a letter or email notification from Student Conduct called a Notice of Possible Violation that explains that an investigation is in progress, the basis of the investigation, and directs you to arrange an appointment with Student Conduct.

Cases of academic dishonesty can be resolved between the instructor and you. The instructor may decide to resolve the matter without any further action by Student Conduct. If you accept responsibility and accept the academic sanction proposed by the instructor, generally the case is closed at that level and is recorded at Student Conduct. If circumstances warrant, Student Conduct may consider additional sanctions.

The instructor may also decide to refer the matter to Student Conduct for investigation. Student Conduct will review the material, speak to witnesses and determine if the charges have enough merit. If so, the case may be resolved through an informal disposition in which you and Student Conduct come to an agreement or the case may be referred to the Judicial Hearing Board to determine the outcome of the case.

  • Students will be provided with the University regulation(s) that were allegedly violated.
  • Students have a right to bring an attorney to the hearing, the attorney will be allowed to attend only as an advisor to his client.
  • Students have the right to have access to their file.

If you choose to accept responsibility, an Informal Hearing Sanction is signed which outlines the charges and sanctions assigned in response to those charges. If you do not accept the responsibility, the case will be referred to the Judicial Hearing Board that will determine if you should be help responsible and recommends sanctions.

Click here for PDF

Grambling State University
Office of Student Conduct
GSU Box 4309
Grambling, LA 71245
(318) 274-6149