Financial Aid Office

Student Employment

Federal Work-Study is a federally funded program that provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students who need financial assistance. FWS gives you an opportunity to earn money to help pay your educational expenses. Click here for Student Employment policy.

Student Employment Group Photo


Steps to Apply

  1. Complete the FAFSA and indicate your interest in Federal Work Study on the application
  2. Demonstrate a "financial need"
  3. Return financial award letter to Student Financial Aid Scholarships signed and dated
  4. Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  5. Complete required I-9, L-4, and W-4 forms. Forms are available in the Student Financial Aid/Scholarship Office or click On line forms. I-9, L-4, and W-4 must be updated the beginning of January each year. Students must submit a clear copy of their social security card and driver's license/photo ID. Student employee supervisors must certify I-9 and submit all forms to the Payroll Office, Long-Jones Hall, Room 212.

    *Because of limited funding, you need to apply early.

How Much Will I Receive?

Students are generally awarded $725 per semester and are paid through Grambling State University debit card at least once a month at the minimum wage rate. All student employees are required to complete a sign in/out log and entry hours worked on web each month in order to be paid. Sign in/out logs are issued by the Payroll Office. For further information regarding web timesheets and sign in/out logs contact the Payroll Office at 318-274-2749

Where Will I Work?

Student's generally work on-campus. You are allowed to work up to 25 hours per week if the student employment supervisor permits and cannot work during any scheduled class time, even if the class does not meet or dismisses early. Under certain circumstances, some students may be allowed to work in excess of 25 hours per week with special permission. You will be notified of your place of employment and a list of job placements will be posted in the Student Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. You must report to the Financial Aid Office to receive a student employment placement authorization.

University Wage Program

The University Wage Program is a state-funded program that does not require financial need to apply. Most campus jobs are available to skilled student applicants. Wage recipients are paid once a month at a minimum wage rate. A typical budget for a wage recipient is $725 per semester. Students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress and have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Those employed under the university’s wage program are at the discretion of the awarding department.