This is a quick guide on how to navigate Medicat for your immunization requirements.
Accessing the Grambling State University Vaccination/Immunization Portal
- Using any browser on a computer or mobile device, go to: https://gram.medicatconnect.com
- If you have a GSU email address, you will use that to register. If you do not have
a GSU email address yet, please use the personal email address that you provided upon
- Each user is responsible for understanding the requirements of their institution.
- Each user is responsible for meeting the submission deadlines set by their institution
and understanding that they may be blocked from registration if they do not satisfy
- All supporting documentation must include the users full name (first and last), their
ID #, and their birthdate for verification purposes.
Entering Immunization Records on the Compliance Services Management System
- Each user is responsible for accessing the Compliance Services Management System to
accurately enter their immunization history onto their Immunization Record.
- Users must enter individual dates for each vaccination required by their institution.
Uploading Immunization Documents
- Documents that are uploaded directly must be in one of the following formats: .gif,
.png, .tiff, .tif, .jpg, .jpeg, .txt, or .pdf.
- Microsoft Word files such as .doc, .docx, or .docm formats are not accepted.
- Please make sure that your file name consists of only alpha and numeric characters
in the file name. NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS OR EXTRA SPACES ARE ALLOWED.
- Examples of ACCEPTABLE file names:
- Examples of UNACCEPTABLE file names:
- Jane Smith Records. Jpg (Unacceptable due to spaces between words)
- ImRecord#1.bmp (Unacceptable due to special character “#”)
What to Expect After Submission
- Uploaded documents are available immediately for review by MCS Staff.
- It typically takes 5 business days to process immunization records.
- Once records have been successfully reviewed and matched, users will be notified by
Checking your Status
- Once logged into the Compliance Services Management System, select “Immunization”
from the top navigation menu and you can view your status.
- Watch your email and secure message area of the Patient Portal. We will be contacting
you with any questions or status updates.
- If you have questions about your COVID vaccination status, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1 business day for a response.
- If you have questions about all other immunization requirements, you can send a secure
message through your Medicat Patient Portal. Please allow 1-2 business days for a