“Growing Safety in Technology & America’s Future”
The Grambling State University Bachelor of Science Degree in Cybersecurity is growing the most equipped generation of professionals to strengthen the security and resilience of cyberspace in America and across the globe.
GSU Cybersecurity: Real Education, Real Impact
The 120 credit-hour degree connects students with research leaders and working professionals who specialize in combating cyber-crimes, big data, cloud computing, vulnerably assessment, and more.
The mission of the Department of Cybersecurity is to provide comprehensive undergraduate level training and produce well-trained information security professionals. Graduates of the program would be highly sought-after by a range of private sector industries in the Louisiana State, local government agencies, industries, federal government, and defense organizations. The program supports the institutional mission in enabling to tackle the cyber related endangers, raises the awareness of digital data security, and promoting responsible citizenship in a changing world. The Cybersecurity curriculum was developed to provide a purposeful and creative program that emphasizes both the theory of computing, Cybersecurity, and its practice. Faculty members use current technologies to stimulate learning and promote an enjoyable and worthwhile background experience for lifetime use in the profession.
The B.S. in Cybersecurity at Grambling State University offers a high-quality educational program for information security professionals. The core course requirements provide the students with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully evaluate the information security needs, identify appropriate counter security measures, and implement security technologies. The main focus of this program is to concentrate on specific security areas of interest, such as software, network, and database. The program is aligned with the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET) requirements and national guidelines for information security professionals.
The department of Cybersecurity has developed the following program educational objectives and student outcomes for all graduates of our program
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates from the Cybersecurity Program at Grambling State University will be able to:
- To train cybersecurity professionals to meet the needs of business, industry, educational institutions and government agencies of the state of Louisiana.
- To increase capability in information security for the benefit of the state and nation.
- To provide knowledge of the latest techniques in cybersecurity for computer professionals in the state and offer excellent opportunities for professional advancement
Upon completing the B. S. in cybersecurity, students will be able to:
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- Make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively in teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risks and produce deliverables.
- Apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware, software, and human aspects of a system.
- Analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations in the presence of risks and threats
Enrollment number of majors in Cybersecurity and Graduates
|Number of Majors||30|
Dr. Y. B. Reddy, Professor, Program Coordinator
Department of Cybersecurity
College of Arts & Sciences
403 Main Street - Box 4260
Grambling, Louisiana 71245
Phone: (318) 274-2421
Fax: (318) 274-3230