The mission of FCS is to prepare learners for careers, graduate study and leadership roles in our programs. The department challenges all stakeholders to make contributions that will enhance the quality of life of individuals, family, community, and in a diverse society. Our focus is to empower learners to cope with change, explore new technology and manage resources economically. Our vision is to keep with GSU as a comprehensive institution. This vision is delivered through teaching, research and community involvement.
- To make quality programs assessable for the development of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary for productive, responsible and meaningful lives
- To provide a variety of quality undergraduate programs
- To efficiently and effectively manage the resources of the university
- To develop a comprehensive information technology infrastructure
- To affirm research and public service as a integral parts of the university’s mission
- To develop and begin implementation of a plan for the creation of a Child Development Training Research Center..
- To develop new working partnership with community agencies and organization that provide education/training to Child Development and Family and Consumer Sciences.
Terry Matthews, M. Ed.
Department of Family and Consumer Sciences
Washington – Johnson Complex
Grambling State University
P.O. Box 4248
Grambling, LA 71245
(318) 274-3719 / 2311
FAX: (318) 274-6049