Campus Traffic Information
- Parking Office is open Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.; Friday 7:30 AM to 11:00
AM. If you need assistance during these hours, call 318-274-2222 or email: GSUPolice@gram.edu.
- All university parking areas are designated or reserved. Refer to the map on the reverse
side for zone designations.
- All parked vehicles must display Grambling State University parking permits appropriate
for designated parking area.
- Students indebted to the University due to traffic fines will not receive a transcript
to validate credit for academic work already completed, nor will they be permitted
to re-enroll in school until the debt is cleared.
- The vehicle registrant will be responsible for all tickets issued to his/her vehicle,
including violations incurred by member(s) of his/her family and other drivers.
- The operator of an unregistered vehicle is responsible for all tickets issued to that
vehicle regardless of ownership.
- Vehicles found to be presenting a hazard to campus in any manner, destroying or defacing
university property or bringing discredit to the university, will be towed off campus
without notification and at the owner's expense.
- On campus students are not allowed to drive to class. Students are to park at their
respective dormitories during class time.
- Parking regulations are enforced in from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
in all parking areas. In addition, handicap parking regulations are enforced 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week in all parking areas.
- In addition to the University’s traffic and parking regulations, city ordinances and
state laws relating to motor vehicles are also enforced on campus.
- Unauthorized vehicles parking in reserved spaces and/or designated areas will be ticketed,
towed, and/or both.
- A vehicle receiving three (3) or more such citations is subject to be towed or immobilized
by the university.
A visitor is defined as a person who is not directly affiliated with the University
and who needs to park an unregistered vehicle on campus. Visitors are required to
secure a temporary Visitor's Pass before parking on campus. Visitor permits are available
through the University Police Traffic Division upon request. Designated visitor parking
spaces will be available.
- All registrants must show proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Faculty/staff are not permitted to register a vehicle for any student except their
- Vehicles are registered for one year beginning August 31st of each year. Fees are
Parking Permit Fees:
Faculty/staff: Fall - $30.00, Spring - $22.00, Summer Sessions I & II – $11.00
Resident/Commuter Students: Fall - $14.00, Spring - $11.00, Summer Sessions I & II - $7.00
100 Founders Street
Grambling, LA 71245
* When a student’s housing status changes from one semester to another, you are required
to inform the Traffic Department
Vehicle registration payment is made at the cashier's window between the hours of
7:30 am until 4:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am until 10:30 am Friday, except holidays
- The absence of a "no parking sign" does not institute that parking is allowed.
- Parking regulations are in effect at all times from the beginning of the first day
of class each semester and all summer sessions.
- Service drives/loading zones are designated by signs and/or a yellow curb; these locations
are closed to parking at all times except to authorized University vehicles and commercial
vehicles making deliveries.
- Parking at fire hydrants or red curbs is prohibited at all times. Vehicles parked
by red curbs will be ticketed and/or towed.
- During the hours of regulation parking, registered vehicles may park only in assigned
- Operating or parking an unregistered vehicle on campus will result in the issuance
of a citation.
- Only students or employees who have obtained a handicap automobile license plate or
state issued decal from the State of Louisiana will be eligible to park in a handicap
Payment of Fines:
Fines may be paid in cash, check, money orders or credit cards at the Cashiers Window
located in Long Jones Hall, between the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through
Thursday, Friday 7:30 am-10:30 am. Return check fee is $25. Unpaid fines result in
a hold being placed on a student’s account, prohibiting registration, graduation or
University citations may be appealed through the Traffic Appeals Committee. Appeals
must be in writing and submitted to the Traffic Office within (7) business days from
the issuance of the citation. Failure to file an appeal within seven days may result
in the loss of the right to appeal until after the citation has been paid.
Department of University Police
Traffic and Parking Division
Grambling State University
Click here for Parking Handbook/Map (PDF).