Lost Keys & Room Changes
Lost Key Procedures:
- The student will be charged $50.00 for each lost key in Traditional halls, $40.00 for each slide key and each hard key in Tiger Village residence halls. For replacement keys for traditional halls, student must report lost key to Resident Assistant or Area Coordinator and sign a charge sheet. Charge will be placed on students account at this time.
- If the lock and core has to be changed there is a charge of $140.00
- Once the core (lock) to the student's room has been changed or swipe card ordered no cancellation nor credits can be issued to the student's account.
- To receive a replacement key for Tiger Village the student must present a GSU ID at the Tiger Village Club House and sign a charge sheet. Charges will be placed on students account.
- The student's room assignment will be verified.
A room change/hall transfer period will be announced after the 14th class day for the Fall and Spring Semesters and the 7th class day for the Summer Session. This period is to accommodate those students who wish to relocate. Residents may change rooms in the hall where they currently reside or transfer to another residence hall. Changes will not be made before the announced period.
With approval from the Grambling State University ‘s Department of Residential Life/ Housing Office, changes will be granted based on the availability of spaces in the residence halls. In order to make the change process legally, residents must understand the following:
- Room changes will be scheduled daily beginning at 9:00am - 3:00pm Monday – Thursday, after the 14th class day (fall and spring semesters) and 7th class day (summer session).
- The resident will receive a phone call when the space is available.
- A new room assignment will be made after resident officially checks out and provides a proof of check-out and receives Room Change Form.