Engineering Technology Department
The mission of the Department of Engineering Technology at Grambling State University is to:
- Provide recognized undergraduate educational programs in Drafting Design Technology (DDT) and Electronics Engineering Technology (EET);
- Prepare graduates to compete professionally and succeed in the areas of DDT and EET;
- Develop managerial and supervisory traits for interactions with engineers, technicians and skilled craftsmen; and
- Develop interpersonal administrative, sales and service skills.
Department Educational Objectives:
The Department of Engineering Technology has as its primary educational objectives, to produce graduates who, a few years after graduation, will:
- DET-EO-1: Be employed in a technical or management position where the skills and knowledge of engineering technology are utilized.
- DET-EO-2: Utilize engineering technology skills and knowledge to serve their communities.
- DET-EO-3: Work effectively, ethically, and productively as a member of a multidisciplinary team within their employment environment.
- DET-EO-4: Attain greater professional competence in the engineering technology field through appreciation and pursuance of self-directed learning.
The department offers concentrations in electronics engineering technology, and drafting
and design engineering technology leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
Technology. Both programs are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation
Commission of ABET (ETAC/ABET), 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. http://www.abet.org
A construction Engineering Technology concentration is also offered in the department.
Students enrolled in any of our programs may choose to participate in the cooperative education program. Co-op courses are offered for students to take advantage of documented work experiences to complement their academic record.
The Department of Engineering Technology acknowledges the following companies for their generous support of its programs.
- Simio LLC, for a software grant in the form of 27 copies of its state-of-the-art Simio Simulation Software.
►Simio F o r w a r d T h i n k i n g http://www.simio.com/
For more information contact:
Dr. Edwin B. Thomas
Interim Dept. Head/Associate Professor
Grambling State University
Department of Engineering Technology
Post Office Box 4250
TL James Hall - Room 101A
Grambling, LA. 71245
Office Telephone: 318-274-2497
Fax Number: 318-274-6013